Cross Community Hackathon

When should we make the call this week @jan @oz1127 @sarah.c.koehler?

For Sarah and I Thursday works well but Wednesday is also possible. 9pm again?

I think the main problem that can arise is that people sign up on meetup.com and then assume they got a seat in the event. So worst case we have more people showing up than we can accomodate.

Same here, I noted it down for Thursday 9pm but Wednesday works for me too. Slightly earlier like up until 7pm would be fine too both days.

Thu 9 PM good for me

7 PM is possible from my side too, even more convenient.

Hi @jan @oz1127 and @sarah.c.koehler

I have had a stomach bug all this week and I was hoping to make the call no problem but I’ve just woken up from napping all afternoon and feel pretty dreadful so I am going to have to miss the call. I will catch up on the notes made. The main thing still needed is ordering the food. I sent Sarah the link for the bakery (let me know if you got to visit them?) We should also contact all projects, send a reminder to participants and tweet a few more times. That’s what I think of from the top of my head, sure you have more :slight_smile:

Sorry again for not making the call.
Jess

Oh sorry one last thing, I just wanted to say about Turkish in Tech having a Meetup with open RSVPs I think it should be fine, each community is different and we should adapt around them, if Hasan says it is a strong benefit for them to sign up via the Meetup then I think we should accommodate. Perhaps he is ok to sign in and take the amount signed up off our tickets (@jan is that possible, can you assist in showing him how?) Meetup normally has a higher no show rate is the only thing to consider.

1 Like

@jessica0greene Would you be up for another call next week, before the event?
@sarah.c.koehler, @jan and I said we could have a call on 12:30 on Tuesday 15th October. Would this work for you as well?
Other possible times:

• Lunchtimes: any time but Monday
  • Evenings: Friday is the only day I could hear is suitable (for other days we can create a poll I guess)

Hi next week we have our dev offsite at work, which I am organising. It means I cannot make a call Tuesday lunch unfortunately, its also a really full week. I could do Friday evening, what things are left to do? I am talking with @sarah.c.koehler about the catering. I can ask at work about post-its, ThoughtWorks may also have this and name tags. :slight_smile:

@jan, @jessica0greene, @oz1127: As it seems that a final call will not be an option before Friday, I would say we try to clarify all open questions and assign all Todos asynchronously as good as we can.

I added two sections to our shared doc:

1. Open questions that we should try to answer. I think we can add comments there, so we can either discuss these points in the doc or here.
  2. Todos for us this week and on Saturday so we don’t forget anything important :slight_smile:
1 Like

One more question regarding participation:
We have 42 tickets sold according to Open Collective. Does anyone know if this number includes the project mentors? Did we ask them to get a ticket as well or do we have to add them on top?

I am just trying to get a feeling for how many people will show up.

1 Like

I’ve also made some notes on the document now, in response :slight_smile: we did mention to project maintainers to sign up, but its hard to say if they all did. I don’t think we should worry too much, some will not show. I would expect around 30 but would also put in some more effort to advertise the event.

Hi people, I’m going to present a project in the Hackathon and I’d like to know if it’s gonna be possible to show some slides to the people there.
Are we expected to do that or the presentation of the project is going to be an informal talk?
Thanks!

@marimeireles hi, yes the space has a projector we will use. The project intros will be quick 5–7 minutes and you can show slides, or show the website, or show the actual software. :slight_smile:

(Right @jessica0greene @sarah.c.koehler @oz1127 ?)

1 Like

@jan & @marimeireles It was not explicitely mentioned in the email from ThoughtWorks but I am pretty sure we will have a projector. laptops should also be no issue :wink:

2 Likes

Right, it just said it in the initial requirements list from Alma, sorry. :slight_smile:

Also unfortunately Anika (Diversity Tickets) had to cancel because there is a date conflict.

I also asked Anika about the childcare requirements just so that we have it for next time, added it to the document and just for reference here:

Anika from Diversity Tickets said: A child-friendly play corner would be great (doesn’t have to be an extra room) and a means for diaper change. Ideally the corner is somewhere where it’s not superloud and not in the middle of the room. She also said she could help designing that for next time.

Hi @marimeireles can you message me your email and what project you are presenting I have some final information to share :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d like to write an email to attendees something along the lines of looking forward to you joining us, dont forget your chargers and to register on the Hacktober website https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/

@jan I dont see how to do this on the open collective can you help me :see_no_evil:

Thank you!

Also sent you a Signal message with the email it shows to me, but just as info for others too:

On the event page between the map and the attendee list, below the “48 people going” there are 3 links, one saying “Send email” :slight_smile:

Sent out a last tweet for tomorrow: https://twitter.com/osdiversity/status/1185244271101841409

1 Like