Cross Community Hackathon

Works for me too, talk tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Perfect catch you all tomorrow :smiley:

Hey I thought we could make the call here: meet.google.com/acn-iisr-uhh
@jan can you create a nextcloud doc to share notes? Or I will create a google one :slight_smile:

Hey, I don’t have a Google account, could we use https://meet.jit.si/opensourcediversity ? :slight_smile:
(Or at least it’s needed to join on mobile, which I need to use cause my laptop microphone is not working.)

Shared document at https://cloud.nextcloud.com/s/c927cHnf5yqbwE4

Sure I didn’t realise you need one to join a call :slight_smile:

@oz1127 sorry to have missed you this evening, we put all the notes in the document Jan shared :slight_smile:

I had to do some overhours was distracted whole evening, sorry. @jessica0greene If you would call me I would still gladly join. Would you mind me sharing my phone number @jan and @sarah.c.koehler and other participants? I am responsive on phone calls / whatsapp messages I guarantee. Feel free to involve me with further steps. Furthemore I gladly agree with the consensus, I will support the event with my community.

1 Like

@jan & @jessica0greene I just went through the email and added about 3 sentences. Not sure you can see it in the version history of the document.
One is at the beginning asking for a confirmation as soon as possible, one more sentence regarding the setup guides and then 2 more half sentences added.

1 Like

No worries Hasan. We plan to announce the event in two weeks September 24th. If you would be able to read through the notes we made and let us know if you would like to change anything/ add anything :smiley: We pencilled in to make the next call on the 26th, let us know if that works for you (we are all a little full schedule wise so it may end up not being a call and more async)

1 Like

Ive also gone through and made a few changes. Otherwise happy to send it out this afternoon :smiley:

I’ve read the list, great work! All fine for me. I can sign these notes as well.

1 Like

Sorry Jessica, for some reason I never got notified of this message :thinking:
DigitalOcean were last a sponsor in 2015, I think all of our contacts may have left the company, unfortunately. I’ll try to be quicker with my replies next time but I see that work is already underway for this regardless. Awesome work :+1:

1 Like

I guess we can discuss the details on Thursday, but I just wanted to give you all a quick update about Hacktoberfest:

• They will gladly add our event to their page
  • They would also send us some stuff like stickers :slight_smile:

There is only one requirement and that is that they would like us to mention Hacktoberfest on our event page. It does not have to be in the title, but should be in the description. We can also include a banner or image.
And ideally they would like us to add a paragraph about how Hacktoberfest works and how people can participate to get a T-Shirt.
As far as I know only @jan has access to edit the event page, so we can just discuss what we want to add on Thursday and I can message them again as soon as the page is updated :slight_smile:
She said they need up to two weeks to send the stuff, so it should still be enough time.

Sounds great! I suggest we announce the event after the meeting Thursday once that change has been made. Is there a time that suits you @oz1127 @jan? I think you @jan are traveling so if you have a strong preference let us know :slight_smile:

I updated the document we were working on last time to reflect the feedback I have received form the projects.

Sorry for the late update, was traveling. :slight_smile:

@sarah.c.koehler you are now admin of the collective as well! Sorry it took so long. :smiley:

Call tomorrow is fine for me any time after 11 AM essentially.

Also updated the document to reflect from the projects I contacted.

@jessica0greene @sarah.c.koehler @oz1127 should we do 21:00 for today just like last time?

1 Like

Quick Update: Our Event is now listed on the official Hacktoberfest Event List :tada:

Filter by Berlin to find our entry: https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/events

The event kit is also on the way, I got a confirmation already and a tracking link. ETA is next week, so plenty of time till the event.

1 Like

I have just posted the event with some turkish explanation and commentary on top for my community, with the same photo and text, except I had to replace Hacktoberfest paragraph with a FAQ-Link to their page, due to charlimit. Have converted the official opencollective registration link into a bit.ly link to see the impressions, if this is fine.

1 Like

I have some comments about our event description and approach from my side, which I would bring up in the next meeting.

1 Like

Should RSVPs always be closed? My community ticks sometimes different, when they see who else is joining from the community they may decide to come as well. For now I have opened the RSVPs for Turkish Tech Berlin community on Meetup page, but can close any time if this is not desired.

1 Like