Cross Community Hackathon

Email sent to all the attendees and we started slides here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1vuyiNqXlrkb6tu6rs6v03eFXieWwJYww5gpr-Ezrs-4/edit?usp=sharing

@oz1127 and @jan if you have time, it would be great if you could have a look, especially at the slides about Turkish Tech and OSD.
@oz1127 I assumed you wanted to add your own content, so for now it is mainly a placeholder slide, just with the header image from meetup.

1 Like

Here is a slide about Turkish Tech Berlin

Asked for permissions to change the slides.
Otherwise feel free to add this, change colors&font optionally to match the scheme.

My bus was delayed so I am there circa 4 minutes past 9 just FYI. Once we’re in to ThoughtWorks Sarah and I will go get the cakes. Jan and Hasan can you help set up the tables.

We couldn’t get a bell. But I brought a second laptop which we can have a small program running on to count and display contributions on. Maybe something already exists for this, or we write a quick script for it.

As we discussed that we would like to meet to discuss the event and the future of OSD, I created a poll below with all dates in the next weeks:

• Oct 22nd
  • Oct 23rd
  • Oct 24th
  • Oct 25th
  • Oct 28th
  • Oct 29th
  • Oct 30th
  • Oct 31st
  • Nov 1st
  • Nov 4th
  • Nov 5th
  • Nov 6th
  • Nov 7th
  • Nov 8th
  • Nov 11th
  • Nov 12th
  • Nov 13th
  • Nov 14th
  • Nov 15th

0 voters

I guess it would have to be after work (meeting between 6 and 7pm), because our offices are quite far away when I remember correctly.

Please enter your availability, @jessica0greene, @jan, @oz1127 and @camilasan

2 Likes

Thanks for setting that up Sarah seems it should be the 29th October then :grinning:

Great, I am happy we found something.
Any ideas for a location that works for everyone?
I work in Prenzlauer Berg and live in Mariendorf.
@jessica0greene is in Neukölln.
What about you, @jan and @oz1127?

I would recommend somewhere on the u6 near Schönenberg. From what I know this intersects all our area’s

1 Like

I’m in Schöneberg on U7, stuff on the U6 is fine for me for sure. Hasan?

1 Like

U7 is even better for me! So Mehringdam basically, if anyone knows a place there. There is plenty along Bergmanstrasse, perhaps we eat together?

I could recommend Knofi on Bergmannstraße, any other ideas? If we find something, I could reserve October 29 for 4 ppl, and do we say 19:00 (or 18:00, whatever works).

(Btw to really make it obvious we are shutting down the meetup group and it will be closed on the 25th, this Friday, I also created an event for the shutdown/move on Meetup itself: https://www.meetup.com/opensourcediversity/events/265873171/ )

2 Likes

Also @sarah.c.koehler since you wrote “discussing the future of OSD” above, I would say there we should mainly focus on what we do in Berlin, as we have a bunch of people elsewhere and for that we should probably do a separate call at some stage. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Happy to see a great event that you all organized in Berlin. :tada: Congrats :100:

Can we please have an online meeting, to allow people to participate virtually?

2 Likes

Definitely happy to go to Knofi. Agree this meeting is more about the Berlin activity but there could be a second online meeting to involve all chapters. @jonatoni perhaps you want to propose some dates/ times for this?

1 Like

Sure, will follow up on this thread ☎ Monthly calls? since we already have it :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jessica0greene, @sarah.c.koehler, @jan Location suggestion is perfect, I am currently residing close to the Mehringdamm area. Anywhere near U6 or U7 is great.

1 Like

@jan Sorry for the oversight, the meeting was only meant to discuss what is happing in Berlin.

And the Location is also great for me.

Shall we say 18:30?

1 Like

Great, so next Tuesday, October 29, 18:30 at Knofi Bergmannstraße 98. :garlic:

(Called to reserve but they said since their shop on the other side is closed atm they don’t take reservations, but mentioned that at the time it should be fine.)

@sarah.c.koehler no worries, was sure it was only the wording :slight_smile:

2 Likes

See you all soon :smiley: I would just bring a pen and paper notebook with me if that is cool?

2 Likes

Yes, see you soon! Notebook and pen is of course ok, otherwise we will forget everything :smiley:

1 Like