FOSDEM Community devroom

Just saw that next FOSDEM there will be a community devroom again! :tada:

Sounds like we could do a talk on inclusion & diversity in free & open source software there? Considering the audience and the length (30 or 45 minutes) it could even go more in depth.

What do you think? Who will be at FOSDEM? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing it @jan :slight_smile: I will be at FOSDEM and I think would be great to talk about diversity and inclusion in free & open source software. I’m +1 to apply and also to help with it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reminder! I submitted a talk on how to support FOSS community members who experience Impostor Syndrome, especially people from groups underrepresented in FOSS.

4 Likes

I’m going to be at FOSDEM too. It would be very nice to see a talk on inclusion and diversity, although not sure what you could talk about for 30-45 minutes :slight_smile: I think it would be nice to have such a talk, because the power of example is such a powerful thing. Seeing other women giving talks and discussing about these topics inspires also other women to participate / get involved and be courageous.

Regarding Imposter Syndrome, I think I have it in my DNA :slight_smile: but I’m sure a lot of other people have it too. It’s like a constant flu that doesn’t go away :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I will be vlogging / documenting at Fosdem, can I film the talk(s) and may be we can record a discussion before / after too about ideas and experiences on this subject? I am keen to scale our conversations to people who could not join and usually its the people who did not want to join who need to watch this :wink:

Looking forward to meeting you all at Fosdem! I think this might be my 5th or 6th year, I love meeting such awesome and amazing people and learning from each other :nerd_face:

Regarding Imposter Syndrome, the more I learn the more I feel imposter syndrome, because I realise how much I don’t know :confused:

1 Like

Filming should be no problem. FOSDEM has been good about recording sessions. Last year’s videos: FOSDEM - video recordings

1 Like