Invitation to FOSSY's DEI track

Hi Members of the Open Source Diversity Community,

[Invitation] I want to invite you to FOSSY and our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion track, which is in Portland, Oregon, USA from July 13-16th 2023.

[Event info] I would be honored to have you join us in person. I know you all have a wide spectrum of backgrounds and experience, maybe you can give a talk on something that you think worth sharing around DEI? We’re also open to interactive sessions such as Birds-of-a-Feather, Panels, Workshops, or any other format. To be clear, the sessions need not necessarily relate to technology communities because we want to hear from diverse points of view and other industries as well. Our goal for the DEI track is to create a welcoming environment with a wide spectrum of participants and provide opportunities for making connections.

[Call to action] Please consider responding to the Call for Proposals, where you will find more information on the tracks at FOSSY.

[Disclaimer] I want to be upfront with you that we cannot offer travel support or remuneration as FOSSY is a volunteer-organized event. As a speaker, you would receive a free ticket to the event, of course.

[Health and Safety] FOSSY is an in-person event and the organizers have done a great job of stating the health and safety measures, including mask requirements indoors. Fossy is dedicated to creating a harassment-free conference experience with measures detailed in the Code of Conduct.

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to chat with me before making a commitment. I do hope you will consider joining us at FOSSY.

Best,
Georg

1 Like