DevConf.US CFP and proposal writing training

DevConf.US is a free conference in Boston, MA on August 15-17. It’s organized by Red Hat’s Engineering and its target audience is open source contributors and people interested in learning more about open source technologies. It currently has its call for participation open and is looking for session proposals on all topics related to open source, both technical and cultural, and is particularly welcoming of new speakers. Some of the topics the conference is looking to cover are containers and orchestration, machine learning and artificial intelligence, serverless computing, middleware, operating systems, quality engineering, user experience, and community management.

We’ll have virtual training on how to write a proposal at 1pm ET on Wednesday, March 27 and at 6:30pm ET on Wednesday, April 3 (details below). We’ll also have opt-in coaching for accepted speakers and will make available diversity scholarships that cover travel expenses for speakers and attendees who live in the United States or Canada. (Because there are also annual DevConf conferences in Brno, Czechia and Bangalore, India, the scholarships for the Boston DevConf are focused on supporting people from the United States and Canada.)

Please consider attending the proposal writing training (optional) and submitting a proposal by the deadline on April 8.

Proposal writing training: “DevConf.US: How to Write a Good Proposal” by Josh Berkus

Option 1: Wednesday, March 27 1pm-2pm ET
Web Browser
Dial-in info

Option 2: Wednesday, April 3 6:30pm-7:30pm ET
Web Browser
Dial-in info

2 Likes

Hi Marina! Nice to see you here!

I attended this event and it was fantastic, especially the UX track.

Do you know if there were any talks about diversity? If so, do you know if they were recorded? I saw cameras rolling in every room but I keep checking the DevConf YouTube channel and no videos have been uploaded yet.