Hey folks, our monthly community call wrapped up a little bit ago. This thread is a recap of what we went through in the meeting and what the next steps are for moving our work forward. Hope to see folks next on the August call on 2021 Aug. 11th at 16:00 UTC!
These notes will end up starting some new discussions to collect feedback, like the Communities of Practice topic. Stay tuned!
- Goal: Update our website to a popular static site generator tool to improve our ability to manage reviews and change proposals, and explore new categories of content in our website.
- Content from existing site already in place.
- Requirements gathering to create project charter / plan.
- Wireframing and prototyping new tool with existing content.
- Success criteria: Pre-existing content is visible and discoverable in the updated site.
- AI: Telegram group for dedicated chat for committers. *AI: Set up developer meeting, invite developers to committers.
- How does OSD want to approach this?
- What problems do we want to solve?
- Requirements, thinking on the “why”, what you want to achieve, who you want to talk to for feedback
- Identifying stakeholders?
- What is the value in doing this?
- would be good if someone gives a glimpse of the problems with the current site
- Outreach: Support/guidance on Open Source Design job board? Bring in design support from the other OSD (Open Source Design)
- Kanban / project management tool to help us stay organized. Figure out in first development meeting.
- CI pipeline fix?
- Goal: Convene regular meetings of groups to discuss current events and issues in Open Source with respect to a specific constituency.
- AI: Discourse thread to explore CoP, solicit questions, see if bottom-liners are interested.
- Context: For assigned mothers, difficult during COVID and felt invisible. Burden of participation often on marginalized / underrepresented folks who have other burdens to carry.
- Proposal for future meetings to be a “kick-off” or initiation for a new CoP, e.g. a LGBTQ group
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), or Neurodiversity?
- Women’s issues?
- What else?