Tips and advice on using Discourse

Hi Justin,

To tell you the truth I did not realize (or I have forgotten) how this forum works. Is there some documentation or an FAQ I can look at?

I notice my topic under the Projects category is dimmed. Is there something I need to do to make it active?

Should I be posting these questions under “Open Source Diversity meta”?

Sorry for all the questions. Just a little lost on how to use this tool properly.

Thanks,
Neal

|

• |

Neal Caidin

Program Manager, Program Management & Operations The Linux Foundation +1 (919) 238-9104 (w/h) +1 (919) 949-1861 (m) ncaidin@linuxfoundation.org schedule time with me https://cal.mixmax.com/nealcaidin/30

Hi @ncaidin_lf!

No worries. Discourse.org has an FAQ for new users you can look through:

Alternatively, you can also start a conversation with @discobot on the website to get a guided tour of many Discourse features. See more about Discobot.

I opened the source text of your post and it looks like your email client is embedding a mix of hidden HTML in your posts. Do you have an option to send plaintext emails? That might fix the issue.

For questions about using Discourse, I think this is a good place to ask questions about using Discourse, or if there are things we can do to improve the experience of using this forum. I split your previous post on the intro thread into a new post, so others might be able to add their own tips or advice without cluttering the intro thread.

No worries. Thanks for your patience in learning a new tool. Let us know if there is anything we can do to improve accessibility. P.S. – There is an option to set up email addresses for posts in specific categories (e.g. Events & Meetups, Projects, Opportunity Board, etc.). I could work on this for all of the category forums if it would be helpful to others.

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.